New - Behaviour Change Workshop
We're pleased to launch our latest workshop 'Behaviour Change - Engaging in Physical Activity' with the next course to be held at the Derby Conference Centre on 13th March 2014, 9.30-4.00.
This one day workshop has been developed by psychologist Helen Brewis, along with leading physical activity providers and is based on the latest research and thinking around behaviour change tools and techniques. The course is for anyone with an interest in increasing levels of physical activity either at individual or whole community levels.
The purpose of the workshop is to consider the challenges in engaging individuals and groups in physical activity and learn behaviour change strategies that can be used on a day-to-day basis when talking to people about their activity levels.
To achieve this, during the workshop you will:
- Discuss the challenges in achieving behaviour change
- Learn about current thinking in explaining behaviour change
- Understand the value of Motivational Interviewing in engaging with individuals and identifying their thoughts about exercise and change
- Learn Solution-Focused techniques for goal setting and planning
- Consider the gap between people's intentions to exercise and their actual exercise behaviour and how this gap may be bridged
- Look at the environmental factors that can encourage physical activity
Helen Brewis is a trained occupational and business psychologist with experience in both public and private sectors. She has a background in managing, designing and delivering training programmes and culture change projects for small, medium and large organisations in a variety of industries.
Online - complete and submit the online form
Email - email@example.com
Telephone - 01773 857800