Project and Programme Management
Are you responsible for managing a sports project, programme or event?
This highly praised, interactive one day workshop uses real life examples, facilitated discussion and group exercises to help you develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours to manage successful and memorable projects and programmes.
By the end of the workshop, participants should;
- Understand the difference between project, portfolio and programme management
- Understand the role of the project manager
- Understand why project management is important
- Be aware of different project management methodologies – Deming Cycle / APM (Association of Project Management ) , PRINCE2 and their application
- Be able to identify stakeholders / sponsors and their expectations
- Have learned a range of tools and techniques for effective project management including project structures, network diagrams, schedules, resourcing, risk management and project governance
- Have gained skills and techniques to implement a positive behaviour model for peak performance
- Understand situational leadership and team roles
- Have gained skills for effective communication, delegation, and conflict resolution
Course Tutor – Ian Travers
Ian has worked in project environments for 20 years, holding a range of roles including Head of Programme Management for Rolls- Royce Civil Aerospace. Over that time Ian has developed a passion for helping others improve, by looking at and understanding how we react to our circumstances. Ian is passionate about sport and enjoys working with people to deliver successful projects and programmes and to ‘think things better’.
What people say about the course:
"Really good course. Great tutor and picked up some useful tips from him."
"Ian was very engaging throughout the day"
"Gave me clarity on what the role is and how to influence success in projects"
"Ian is extremely knowledgeable"
Derbyshire Partnership Development Managers March 2012